Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How is your privacy?..........a repost on a very important matter!

Imagine if someone was watched while taking a dump on the toilet? Preposterous right? But actually this happens so much more than we realize. In this exploding age of technology, anyone can have access to your privacy with one push of a button all the while your unassuming mind fossilizes in the local morgue.

Every cell phone has a GPS tracking device........do you really NEED a cellphone? Would you ever be able to disappear even if you WANTED to go incognito? And what about your laptop or computer? Your computer has an address with cookies that are used specifically to collect information about you and your surfing habits. I wonder how many people who have pornographic addictions actually think they are surfing the net in privacy.......you know, hiding their "sin" from their unsuspecting, deficient spouse? Perhaps their jealous and paranoid spouse is keeping tabs on them. And what about your car? Has it ever occurred to you that you may have a GPS tracking device on it without your knowledge? Or that anyone could quietly slap one onto your car to follow you via satellite........perhaps your dominating, overbearing, controlling spouse or a stalker who has no life but thinks yours is more exciting even though you sit home every night counting bee bees and collecting bottle caps?

And what about these new scanners at the airports that reveal your naked bodies? We may as well be walking around naked (I have already seen this on many occasions when I lived in the suburbs of Philly.......naked men communing with nature while I was TRYING to enjoy a run). You can choose not to fly, but with all the other technology out there, one way or another your privacy is going to be exploited to the max. Talk about Orwellian and Big Brother......global police state. I find it interesting that George Orwells "1984" was banned from the Amazon book store!

Businesses are now adopting in droves this RFID (radio frequency identification) technology used for the purposes of efficiency in mass production. Walmart is the leader in this global supply chain and they advocate RFID microchips in each and every product or unit that is shipped. One day however, this technology will take a nefarious turn and they will be implanting humans with these microchips to keep track of everyone. So you will not be able to escape or hide anywhere.

And what about your email? Or when your post a comment on a blog? Even if you use a moniker, do not think for a second that no one knows who you are or that you are not vulnerable because your stalker is waiting to pounce on you the first chance they get. And we ALL know about facebook, my space and twitter users. Even when you set those so-called privacy settings, you are still fair game.

Even walking into a store anymore is dangerous. I can not tell you the number of times a stranger has, like a bulldozer and with such aggression, invaded my space. Many times I have been left with my jaw hanging wide open. I have had strangers whip out their cell phone cameras and take a picture of me without my consent and on another occasion while perusing books a middle aged woman, who I had never met before in my life, runs up to me, pushes down my book to see what I was reading and then demands to know what I was reading. Was this really any of her business? (I should have said to her "Einsteins theory of relativity"), Or other people who stare you down in personal growth. Perhaps that is why I am a recluse. People have no respect for your privacy/space or your will for that matter.

I do not know about you and who is watching you but I can assure you that someone is lurking in YOUR shadows. How much of a price do you put on your privacy? Is it worth a million dollars? Is it worth your very life? In this age of television and media and these reality shows and CCTV, is it any wonder why we have such an alarming suicide rate? People will begin to go insane when their privacy is stolen. Privacy and solitude keep you mentally stable. It helps you to stay focused and it allows you to feel as though you have SOME power and control in your life, even when everything else in your life is falling spectacularly to pieces.



But the worst part of all this technology is that many will become victims and will be exploited without their consent and they will be powerless to stop it!