Friday, September 24, 2010

Praise be to the Lord, who is my helper in time of need!






It sure is nice to go hiking in the woods and go for a horseback ride, as long as you do not lose your car keys! But what a beautiful day it was.....a little warm for the end of September, but pleasant nonetheless.

This is Cook Forest and it is surrounded by the Clarion River. There are hiking trails everywhere and cute little cottage like cabins with wood burning fireplaces........the perfect little get away.

I have been wanting to go horseback riding for so long now and what a pleasant surprise. My horse was fantastic. A little stubborn at first because he was more interested in food, but as soon as he got going he was quite obedient. His name is Crawford, a 6 year gelding. We went through a rather challenging trail with uphills and downhills and lots of rocks and mud. I asked the guide if we could trot a little and she was fine with that so as soon as we came to an open path, we took off. On occasion, Crawford would gallop up a steep hill and that was thrilling. I felt extremely comfortable in the saddle even though it has been over 20 years since I have been on a horse. My guide was terrific and when we returned, I realized I had lost my car keys! They must have fallen out of my camera case when we were trotting.

My heart sank immediately, even though the guide was more than willing to go out and help me look for them. I realized at that time I would probably be trying to find a needle in a haystack, so I prayed and asked the Lord to help me find those keys. He knew how much I needed them..........He cares about them more than I do, obviously. The first thought that came to my mind was when we both had galloped up a slight incline and I remember the camera case got caught on a tree branch so maybe they fell out then or it could have been on that open flat trail where we first trotted, because you sure do bounce around in the saddle as soon as you get movin.

So we went to look up that slight incline and they were not there. I kept thinking, Lord, you are my helper......I need your peace now. So we continue on to reach that open flat trail where we trotted and soon thereafter, the guide finds my keys! I said Thanks Jesus! My heart swelled with joy!!!! Yes, the Lord is my helper and is with me where ever I go!

To those who do not know the LORD JESUS, especially that guy Ken, I really do pity you, because you could have the greatest friend who will never leave, nor forsake you! One who will Eternally love you with a love this world can not comprehend!