Monday, September 13, 2010

The best part of my day is getting into bed and drifting off into unconscienceness and imagining that I died and suddenly was raptured to Heaven as the Apostle Paul said, absent from the body....present with the Lord. Knowing I have something waiting for me that I simply can not imagine or conceive; a paradise, makes living in the flesh and a decaying world about as attractive as living as a POW.........a downed allied in the Pacific with a bunch of japs on my ass. Torture.

The only way to honestly navigate this world is to imagine you are a Russian T-34 tank plowing through the German panzers with sheer force at Stalingrad! Otherwise, your easy dejected attitude will bring certain defeat and capitulation!

I should truly be content with letting this world pass me by as I daydream (on the toilet and everywhere else) about Eternity all day long. The Bible says, set your affections on things above, and is it any wonder why God says this. My life and everyones is a fleeting vapor, it appeareth but for a moment and vanisheth away. Such brevity! Just look in the mirror.

God has a plan and His counsel will stand. No man can thrawt His purposes. The Lord Jesus is Lord over all Nations and wealth.....for He owns all of it. He will allow man only so much of a free will and then, at His discretion, will reign in that free will to accomplish what He has already ordained to pass as a Seer would say. God will allow Satan, and deceitful and wicked men, to accomplish their plans, but in the end their plans will NOT prevail: only Gods will!

John Newton said it best.........Jesus did not attempt political reform while on this earth. He had nothing to do with government because trying to reform government is like trying to decorate the parlor of the Titantic. And is not America the Titantic that has ALREADY hit the iceberg! Exercise in futility......



******Be Still and know that I am God********


The Lord knows where each day goes and I know He will not leave me behind! Getting my mind off all this mindless, senseless garbage will bring about a certain quietness and rest to my hurried mind!