Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh the bliss of moving!

Well since I have been so busy moving into my new apartment, I have missed out on regularly posting on my blog. I do love to write and have missed it. But I have discovered that the older I get, the less inclined I am to move. I know when I go to the paradise the Jesus spoke of, I will finally have a permanent residence.......no more moving boxes, furniture, mattresses, etc., and no more "ADVANCED" spring cleaning! My fingers were raw and hurt so bad from all the chemicals. Next time I will use rubber gloves and invest in some organic cleaning supplies with no petro chemicals.

Anyway, the older I get, the less energy I have to act like hercules. You find out very quickly how old you really are and that you are NOT a spring chicken. But those critical people in your life may say you have chronic fatique syndrome but they were not there when you were moving 60-100 pieces weighing anywhere from 10-100 pounds and going up and down steps and back and forth for 8 hours a day on top of working your normal work week. Not to mention cleaning walls, carpets, floors, stove and refrigerator, cabinets, windows, etc., etc. and installing plastic draft covers on your windows to save on your heating bill. And no, I did not pay a couple of moving guys to move my stuff.......I did most of it all by my self with the exception on two occasions when two people helped me with items I simply could not move myself like a china cabinet and loveseat. So I appreciated their help. I generally do not like to bother people unless I absolutely have to. But sometimes, and in fact many times, we need more help than we care to acknowledge.

I thank the Lord so much for His provision. He provided a nice full size mattress and box spring on sale (!!!!!) and a bunch of free furniture through a wonderful organization that helps people in need. And since I had no furniture, I was in need. A family provided a beautiful dining set and a coffee table and two end tables. I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness of others. But I do know through the years I have donated several pieces of furniture when I could no longer keep it due to challenging and disappointing circumstances, but you move on with life. And who knows, one day it may come back to you in a very wonderful way!