Sometimes I have the hardest time
with simple obedience and trust.
Naturally I do not want to let go
and to maintain control is a must.
I struggle and strive
to figure it all out;
to find solutions to my problems
and to lay hold of my doubt.
This frustration begins to permeate
and anxiety consumes my mind.
Somehow I can't think clearly,
because confusion is all I find
Running in futile circles
the exhaustion has made me abase.
Finally I come before the throne
to receive mercy and much needed grace
When all the while,
He's been patiently waiting there,
to rescue and bring relief,
and to all my burdens bear.
Why, I ask myself,
did I waste so much time?
For in the light of eternity,
it's not even worth a dime
But I do know this for sure:
that God in His amazing love
is teaching me Trust
in His hand above!
By Cindy Holwick