I think of my childhood more often now that I am getting older. I have such fond memories, perhaps that is why. My brothers and I played all the time, even inventing games. We were best friends. We were outside so much mostly due to dad taking us in the car to the park. He always had his camera out and took plenty of pics.
I know that is why I truly enjoyed my childhood and that is why I am an outdoor lover..........it was the way I was raised. Dad always had us in the car going to a new park or doing an outdoor hobby.
We grew up in Illinois, just 3 hours south of Chicago in Bloomington and surrounding areas. We did move a lot though but each new place was a chance to explore.
Mom would always decorate the house for Thanksgiving and Christmas and always had our stockings filled with goodies that each one of us loved. She even sewed our huge stockings
Spanky, our companion was the household mascot for over 15 years. She endured so much torture from us children, but bore with it.
Scott and I playing in the back yard in the wheel barrel and loved to go fishing and catch frogs in the lake that was part of our property. Dad caught a large mouth bass one day and he made me hold it in my Sunday dress for a picture before we went to church. I was only 8 years old.
Mom used to make such good chow.........sloppy joes were my favorite and sometimes I could not help but laugh while I was eating and spitting food out on the floor!
Those were the good old days and oh how I remember how much fun I had in the simple things in life.........just like a kid! It's too bad that things have to change, but I am still a kid! As you get older, you truly start to think more and more about your childhood! So here's to childhood and the simple things in life.