Sunday, October 3, 2010

A subversive world view



I never was one to join the crowd, nor was I ever one to feel this overwhelming need to capitulate to the pressures of this world. Although I must admit, that at some times I have indeed surrendered to certain pressures, particularly the need to look physically flawless and to have fashionable clothing (yes, that is me at 23 and I look like a foolish barbie doll). Ridiculous it seems, to dress up this decaying flesh that lasts only but a brief moment of your youth. But I can honestly say that I never had a complex about my shape until I was about 20, when everyone kept bugging me about it, even complete strangers. I just got so sick and tired of hearing about it that I finally caved in and focused all of my energies on looking beautiful. I am sure people nagged me about it because they themselves were/are programmed to think everyone is supposed to look like the images they see perpetually on TV and in magazines.

Looking back in my early twenties and now at my age of 38, I realize how foolish it was. The time I wasted to please everyone else. Do you know how much effort it takes to look flawless and in vogue. Talk about HIGH MAINTENANCE! But in reality, when I trimmed about 15 lbs and went to the tanning salon, people, particularly men who did not even care who I was, suddenly seemed quite interested. Their sudden interest in me communicated to me that I was only worthy of respect and love when I was skinny and granted 15 lbs is truly not that much, especially if you are tall. So at that time, I made a silent vow to myself that I would not get married and I have kept that vow.

This world is a shallow place, no doubt, and man looks on the outward appearance and makes judgments from that, but God looks on the heart. I wonder how much money is spent on grooming our politicians appearances with a strategy of making us desire them more. The world loves beautiful people and powerful people, they are attracted to that, and yet beauty and power lasts for only so long and then it fads away like a withering plant.

Our politicians keep appealing to our flesh........they tell us what we want to hear.......that is why we vote for them. Our government leaders know that the masses do not think for themselves. It is easier to join the crowd because it requires very little molecular currency in our brains. The synapses do not even have to fire! The shallowness, not only in thought but in character is fully accepted and revered. And politicians here and abroad know this as they are skilled in the art of chicanery. They know how to galvanize the people by grabbing their emotions and their minds will follow. And is it not true that your feelings can not always be trusted............just watching Ed Miliband, the Labor leader in England, galvanizing the people with the word optimism. People love that. People love Joel Osteen too. People love people who tell them what they want to hear. It massages our flesh. It makes us FEEL good!

Much of the intellectual elite have smothered the masses with their collective world view. This progressive thought has people quite entertained! They buy into it without any hesitation. But those who know Gods Truth are able to discern the lies because their world view comes from Gods perspective. Because I believe Gods Truth is Eternal, my beliefs will automatically be subversive in the school (crowds) of intellectual thought. I discovered this when I left comments at the Economist forum. This intellectual thought is progressive as globalization........a modern day socialist utopia. They believe that humanism and pragmatism can solve all the worlds ills! This world view is full of self-deification and self-aggrandizement believing that man is creative and intelligent enough to solve the worlds problems. It certainly does not recognize the absolute depravity of man and his inherent sinful ways, and his brevity, but rather seeks to praise the virtues of man and his innovation. This collective thought has its tentacles everywhere and its seducing spirit seeks inexorably to lead many away from God and His Truth.

Just recently Gordon Brown came to Harvard University to promote what else.........a global solution to a global problem!!!! We need a global constitution he says, and some years ago, Tony Blair said that too, as did both George Bush Sr. and Jr. Much like the Tower of Babel..........mans vain imaginations of glory and innovation in full blossom. But at the Tower of Babel, God confounded their tongues and their plans failed because they did not acknowledge God.

A worldview that is subversive will not be welcome because it goes against the tidal wave of collective thought. But unfortunately to some who see this progressive view destroying America and our roots, they may for awhile refuse to capitulate, but will ultimately end up joining the crowd as I did many years ago to please everyone else. They figure, if you can not beat em, may as well join em! The broad road of destruction is very wide indeed, but the road to life is extremely narrow and it takes a great deal of courage to take the narrow road. The only protection you have from conforming to this world is the Word of God.

Unfortunately, many Christians have joined the crowd of ecumenical thought because that is the popular route. Since everyone else is doing it, it must be right, they imagine. Never taking the time to perhaps discern if it is the right thing to do. Perhaps more and more people will find out that being autonomous may be better because you are not overwhelmed with the notion that you may loose some friends by way of offense. But if you never had any friends to begin with, you have not lost anything but rather gained the courage to go against the tide and take a stand and make your life count all the while truly solidifying in your mind your convictions about what you believe and what really matters to you.