Thursday, May 29, 2008

To be thankful!

I wonder how many people through the years have stubbed their toe on a chair, table leg, door or whatever? Well, we all know how much that hurts, kind of like banging your funny bone. So why do "they" call it the funny bone? I don't ever remember laughing when I banged my elbow on something. Generally the pain would be quite shape but eventually dissipate. Well, I have banged my elbow, stubbed my toe probally a thousand times through the years but I have never been this tramatized from stubbing my toe! I never imagined by stubbing my toe that my whole foot would swell up and turn black and blue. So who knows, maybe I broke the joint that connects to my pinky toe because when I stubbed it, I was walking pretty fast around the corner and slammed my toe into the frame of the door, probally jamming my toe into my joint. Wow, that's when you feel kind of stupid......like your IQ just dropped 100 points.

So what does a person with HIGH energy do when they are out of commission so to speak? THEY GO BATTY! Well, a little anyway or they can read a great book to gain back those 100 points of their IQ that they just lost from stubbing their toe, or they could read the newspaper, go through old emails or simply listen to Frank Sinatra. But slowing down can actually be a wonderful time of reflection and appreciation of God's wonderful grace. When I think of all the times my God has delivered me from challenging times, and how gracious He has been to me through the years, I can't help but be thankful and knowing too that time here on earth before the Lord returns is so short due to the inexorable movement of the homosexual agenda....I get so excited just thinking of His return so that finally the righteous will be vindicated and everyone will extol His righteousness. This country is rapidly declining, not only in the moral fabric but the economic fabric as well. All you have to do is just LOOK around and see!


Awhile back in early April, I had given my notice to my previous job that was basically not a very pleasant environment to work in and I wasn't sure what I should do.......should I move to Pittsburg where the opportunites are abounding or should I move back towards eastern PA? I knew that by living in a rural area, I was limiting my options, BUT, and here's the operative word, GOD never runs out of options....thank goodness......so I prayed about it. However, even when I pray, I can find myself still having a little anxiety, probally because it's human nature. We all tend to have some anxiety, even the disciples did, and it's due to our wanting and somehow needing control over our circumstances. So in my moments of anxiety, I decided to go visit my brother and his family in eastern PA to take my mind off my circumstances. I visited with my 3 nephews and took out the 2 oldest, Luke and Ben, to the mall and a picnic. I can only tell you how enjoyable that was. But most importantly what God did for me during that time. After our picnic, the boys and I walked on this bike path and Luke had run ahead of Ben and I. As I pushed Ben in the stroller, thoughts starting running through my mind about what I should do (that anxiety started lurking around again). I began weighing the options in my mind, talking out loud as if someone would hear me. Ben, who is only 4, looks out of the stroller and says to me with these adorning eyes, "what's the matter Aunt Cindy"? Well I answered him like I would any adult and because I think that's the best way to treat children, even though I know that having an adult conversation with a 4 year old child is limited. "Ben", I said, "I don't know what to do. Should I move and be with you, should I move to Pittsburg to have more options, not to mention more things to do or should I stay by Grandpa Holwick because he needs someone to help him"?. Ben looked outside the stroller at me again and with incredible sensitivity for a 4 year old, said, "It's ok Aunt Cindy, everything is going to be just fine. It will all work out, you'll see". I was so blown away by such sound judgment from a 4 year old, I realized that at that moment a 4 year old child consoled me, not an adult. And what a lesson that is for all of us. God wants out childlike trust unconditionally everyday. And I just know, God was speaking through a small child to get my attention. All because He cares for me. Just like He cares for all His children.

So remember to constantly tell your children about the Lord Jesus and show them how to invite the Lord Jesus into their life and to forgive them of their sins. They are never too young to understand the simplicity of a loving Father and their need to be forgiven. Pray for your children. My mom did for me and I came to know my Savior when I was only 4. And for that I am eternally grateful! Oh, and by the way, it did all work out in the end, just like little Ben said.